8/04/2019

The news is bad

I woke up in the night around 2:30 or so. I checked my phone for the time.

News of the El Paso shooting was there, of course, as that act of war had been the worst thing reported yesterday But there was Dayton, with a bulletin that police were responding to shots fired. Another act of war? I tried to tune it all out and played video games until I finally fell asleep again. Not all of the news was in yet.

Now I've woken up, and have learned there's another 9 people dead. I don't have a conclusion. It's been 20 years since Columbine, and I'm still numb from that on some level, with no idea how this gets fixed.

I know there was effort in Virginia to pass emergency legislation, but the session was ended by those who don't think there's a problem with easy access to weapons of mass-killing. This is what always seems to happen. No matter what happens, a narrow and strict interpretation of the 2nd Amendment continues to prevail.

We're all just waiting for our turn.

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...