8/03/2019

Upon the death of an acquaintance

I woke up to the news of Kent C. Williamson's death yesterday. He and three of his family members were killed by a speeding vehicle than ran a stop sign in Michigan.
I wasn't a close friend by any means, but he was a very generous man. Several years ago my car broke down and I didn't know how I was going to get my kids to a family vacation. He loaned me his family van for the week, for free.
Kent invited me several times to a series of potlucks, but I never took him up on the offer. I regret that I didn't get him to know him better, or to work with him in any significant way. Just the other day I saw he'd moved his production company onto Preston Avenue and I thought about reaching out to see how he was doing.
It can all stop in a moment.

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...