8/17/2020

This is the sales pitch

I have been quiet on this site because I've been busy elsewhere.

This is the latest sales pitch. 

* I produce a daily newsletter and podcast on local government and the response to the pandemic. It is called Charlottesville Community Engagement, and I have done a month’s worth of daily shows and have over 250 subscribers. You can listen to it or read it. 


Please subscribe!  The daily newsletter will remain free, but I will add premium content in the form of reports from local government meetings. This will become an important way our community gets information. 


* How to pay for it? Good question. For now, people are supporting my research into local government through Patreon. Patreon is a way for people to contribute money to artists and writers, I have a growing number of supporters. I will be adding Venmo as soon as I get a bank account for the business. I have an LLC called Town Crier Productions. 


* I've done 45 episodes of a podcast on the pandemic response called the Charlottesville Quarantine Report. This is the link. This is going to convert into a weekly show on local government, beginning with a pilot soon. 


I have a lot of other ideas, but am focusing on the above at this time. I’m open to suggestions and feedback. These times require more journalism and more stories, and I’m back in a profession I’ve felt a calling for for my whole life. I’ve always wanted to be a public service journalist, and here I am again. 


No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...