10/28/2020

Pitch to the Community Investment Collaborative, October 27, 2020

Still a work in progress

My name is Sean Tubbs, and I'm a journalist who has recently returned to daily practice after a brief pause in a long career. This is the central website for the ways to help I am seeking to help the community understand itself better.  I've got over a quarter-century experience in research and writing about our section of Virginia, and I'm here to work for the community. 

To do so, I have launched a new business called Town Crier Productions in order to make a living as I go about my work researching public policy in our community.  You can help me by making a contribution:


Local journalism across the country has fallen on hard times and there's a lot of uncertainty. You may have seen headlines about reporters getting laid off. But democracy requires an informed public, and that's where I come in for the area in and and around Charlottesville. 

My mission is to provide a constant flow of information about this area to provide context about decisions made by our elected and appointed officials.  Documenting what happens is important not only so that voters can make informed decisions, but also so that the future can look back upon what happened. 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...