10/31/2020

Winter is Coming

TAKE ONE

I can sense that this is indeed going to be a difficult several months coming up. For one, I am still building up a steady income. I have shown I can deliver a high-quality news product from my own home. I've managed to become more and more prolific, while trying to sort things out.

But, this time of the year is one where my loneliness is accentuated, even in normal times. The last two years were very rough for me, and the losses have caused wounds that will never heal. All of it is my fault and responsibility. At least, that's what the official story will always be.  

There are serious warnings of civil unrest next week. I am concerned. I'm not sure what will happen, but I'm scared. 

TAKE TWO

We've done so much to get through these tough times, and we know more are on the way. There is no certainty to how any of this will go. I still remember the feeling of coming together in March, and then it was like a lot of that feeling was a fantasy. It wasn't, though, because we're capable of going through it again. 

I have to have faith that we're going to find a way to better times. That's what humans do. My faith is not in the supernatural, but the actual natural fact that humanity is resilient. I don't know what's going to happen next, but I know that I'm going to keep my eyes open and be extra alert for a while. 

Which is how I've been since A12. How I've been for the past four years now. How I've been for longer than, probably. Life wasn't what I expected, and I feel like I've lost so much over and over again. Some through my own negligence, others not. I'm not here right now to keep score. 

I am here to figure out how to help us all move forward. I have chosen to spend as much as time as I can writing about the things I know about the community. I'm hoping that I can make a living doing this. I am resilient. I will try my best to survive. I get knocked down, and I get up again. 

I am done keeping myself down. 

 
 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...