2/06/2021

A dream of compulsion

Last night I somehow ended up in New Hampshire for the first time since 1999. I'd ended up there suddenly for some reason. I had a relative who had moved there, and I went for a visit. I've had this dream once before in the last year, but this time was different. I speak a lot about having vivid dreams, but this one was populated with hundreds of people. I can't describe it all, but I had long, long conversations.
This was a pre-COVID dream, and I had no anxiety about that at all. I was so glad to be in a crowd of strangers. At one point, I told one of my new friends that it was so exciting to be in a place where nobody knew who I was. I decided to stay, and get a job back at the restaurant I used to work at (which is still open at both the Nashua and West Lebanon location!).
Toward the end, at a party in this gigantic hall with a big band playing, I knew it was a dream because I saw an old girlfriend and didn't want to talk to her, embarrassed at the way my actual life has turned out. And then the dream faded and I woke up alone in my bed in the real world, certain that nothing in my real life will ever approach as alive as I felt in that dream.
And now the day begins in a town where I am well aware that I have many enemies here. Or at least enough that have done a lot of damage to me over the years.

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...