3/20/2022

Brushing off the cobwebs from the Town Crier

I briefly spent the morning looking up places I might go today to write my newsletter. I could use a change of pace!
But then I look out and see the Bradford pear is blooming and there's a cool breeze blowing in through the window that now has a full working screen. In a few minutes, the sun's light is going to hit the flowering invasive and it will for a moment look remarkable.
And then I look around and think that today can be a day to make this place better, and I can take my time writing the newsletter. I can get up and walk around. I can go walk in the park for a moment, and then come back to another cup of coffee. I can make a nice brunch while also being productive.
I do want to travel again and I want to see more of the country. But, that may have to wait until later in the spring. For now, the world around me continues to wake up, and I find myself comforted that the world renews itself, even in the midst of seeming collapse. There's magic all around.
I never used to be like this. I may not be like this again. But I'm feeling so blessed that I'm aware of this moment and to hopefully allow it to radiate throughout my day, powering me through whatever misfortune comes my way.
Now, off to take that walk before doing my job as a town crier.

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...