3/10/2022

Deadline but deadline

It's a strange day when I don't have a deadline and I break from the routine. I'm trying to take it easy, but there's so much work to do. 

So I'm organizing and noodling, allowing some deep part of my brain the ability to just do what needs to be done in the moment in front of me, thoughts allowed to wander and just go wherever they need. 

I keep glancing at the Guardian to bear witness to what's happening as I try to figure out what government meetings I still need to do. I'm writing up an explanation of why I think I could teach the practice of journalism. I'm thinking about how I'm going to create a new workspace today so I can work facing the sunrise. I'm wondering who I should call to get the bathroom downstairs fixed. I need to contact someone else about getting an estimate for the gutters. Why does the music of Les Claypool make me feel so alive inside? What time should I aim to get these real estate transactions out? It will take about an hour or so to focus, but I don't want to focus today. I want to be blurry and obscure. I don't want to think about what I need to do, and I just want to let whatever happens happens, knowing this will somehow repair my brain from a barrage of daily deadlines. 

For someone who didn't have a deadline, I certainly posted something anyway. This is behind my paywall, but only until Monday.

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...