7/09/2022

The work day begins and I describe it here

A Public Works crew is removing a tree limb from a White Oak that went down last night. I reported it when I went out for my morning walk. I'm writing this as a form of procrastination, but perhaps now I will remember this moment and it won't fade away. 

I don't really want to work at the moment. I have to start, though. I am not allowed the luxury of relaxation. Things could break at any moment, and I know I have to be there when it happens even if I'm still just here, gawking at the limbs being craned into the back of a debris truck.

In a moment I'll get my brain together and get to work. I'm hungry and perhaps I should eat. I'm out of sorts because I did not put out a newsletter but instead worked on a presentation I'm giving on Monday. I'm nervous about that in advance because it will take a lot of energy.

I have social events on my calendar for today which means I can't relax my way into work. I always am concerned people will hate me or not want me around. I have two of them, and I'm freaked out by this. There's a good chance I'll call both off because I really need to save my energy until Monday. 

Who cares? Who's reading this? Who's even writing it? Perhaps this is just the dying memory of a downed limb? Now the cars can speed past with no governor! Hooray! Triumph! 

I believe I have gone back in time which is what I need because I am hungry and suspicious of feasts. 

The debris truck drives away and now it's time to begin to get to the work for real, even though I don't want to do it. I see the potential for collapse in anecdotes, but when I look at the underlying material I see more strength than weakness. I continue to believe in hope even if I prefer the luxury of playing dour. 

Onward, I suppose. 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...