11/24/2022

A solitary Thanksgiving

I'm alone today, by choice. There have been many people who have invited me to be somewhere, but I want to be by myself, and to allow myself to be as productive as I need to be on this day off from work.

I don't like to take breaks. But I do like to have days where I can let my mind go and see what happens. At the moment as the day begins I am watching a World Cup match and updating cvillepedia with information from the Daily Progress from the past. I find this particular work soothing and constructive.

Of course, I am not alone. I have a cat who wants my attention and meows at me loudly. I am glad he is here as he is the avatar of one of my estranged children. Today I am at peace regarding their absence. I am alone because it's easier to keep my thoughts to myself if it's just me in my own company.

I would prefer that this were not the case, but I know the world is safer if I am not around people. I am convinced that I am one of the worst people in the world and it's better for me to just keep apart. 

This is not a plea for attention. It's a statement of fact. I am quite happy. 

Now, back to 1909. 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...