8/31/2023

The last article I wrote for the other ones

I'm reading the last ever article I wrote for Charlottesville Tomorrow in May 2018. I had announced I would quit to work for the Piedmont Environmental Council. There's an entire backstory that seems to be still in the immediate foreground.

At play is who gets to control the narrative about land use and development in the community where I live and have also written about for many years. 

I don't have any insight at this time except to note that I wanted to just document this article. The Daily Progress didn't run it because my defection to an advocacy group was suspect.

There's so much in the article. I can't go into it all here. I don't know how it turns out yet. I don't want to control the narrative about any of this. I just do what I do to capture what I see, knowing full well you can't get to it all. I hope I'm doing an okay job. 

I do know if I felt free, I'd write an update based on this article. Five years later I've written about the process so much, and had a piece of new information no one else had reported in my newsletter. While most of my time is spent alone, I manage to still have a pulse on what's happening. 

I had that pulse because I put the time in. No matter what happened at Charlottesville Tomorrow in terms of who they are now, I spent my time there getting an education about public information for the benefit of the entire public. 

To what end?

Check back in five years and we'll see. 


No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...