10/06/2023

Archiving everything including this moment here

Sometimes I start my day by reviewing my recent journal and moving it to an archive form. I've also begun reading through emails I wrote on the same day. I have multiple journals I update this way. 

One is on my life as it passes through the days. 

Another is on my journalism career.  

Another one is made up of the things I write to my Substack subscribers.

On the days I am able to go through some of the past, I remind myself of initiatives I want to take on in the future and I make notes. Today I've used this experience to write out two ideas. 

I want to take a day off but there's no such thing. My entire life is wrapped up in the work that I do. I'm comfortable with this and thing it's how I decided my life to be a long time ago. 

Sometimes I post these directly to Facebook but I need to stop writing things there because I know that it's not a safe place to be myself. Parts of me are out in the world and I have to remember to protect myself from other people. Not everyone who is friendly is a friend. I wish I'd learned that lesson earlier, and I hope to never unlearn it.

In any case, this moment here has not been archived, and it is a little bit of everything. 


No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...