11/29/2023

Adventures in Radio Garden

I am challenging my boredom by refusing to be bored. I've made it this far by living a pretty untraditional life, and it seems to be working.

As in, things happen from time to time that are interesting. Maybe not significant. 

I texted a friend recently about wanting to know more about music from Brazil. At some point after that I spent an evening listening to whatever Apple Music has in their "essentials." I don't speak Portuguese, but I'm interested in the rhythmic quality of the language. 

At some point in the last week, I remembered the existence of a website called Radio Garden. This link will take you to the station I'm currently listening to, in Aruba.


I have no idea what they'll be playing when anyone read this, but at this moment I've escaped to this station, which features at this moment a beat and kind of music I can't quite describe. The announcer keeps breaking in, and then suddenly we're to something more like gospel. 

It gets boring so I decide to change channels. 

English radio from Alta, Norway is as depressing as my real life.

So I move on to Greenland, where their website clearly tells me how i can buy an ad for. I could sponsor the weather for 3,000 DKK a month, and I have no idea how much that is. 

$441.80 it turns out. 

I'll pass for now, but I'm excited to travel the world. I even hooked up a disused stereo system for the sole purpose of standing here writing this gibberish in a way that hopefully conveys how nice it is to remember a good part of an interconnected world.

Even if the song on Nanoq FM bores me so it's time to move on. Where to next? Let's see what the land looks like. 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...