5/22/2024

Having returned

Seven days later I'm back and I packed a lot into those seven days and I'm now unpacking my routine for eight days until I go away again. I didn't expect my life would get to this point. 

I have to make these eight days count in terms of organizing what I need to do for the rest of the year. I have had a few visions of possible futures and now it's up to me to see what it goes.

So I begin unpacking it all by manually adding dates the long-running document in which I organize everything. I could probably tell a computer to do it for me, but that would now allow me to think about my timeline and what's going to come up. 

This is an imperfect process. I am human. I find I can still organize things and there's a certain satisfaction in the work it takes and the time it takes. No one ever taught me how to do any of this, but I've been on computers since I was nine but never once want to turn control over to an algorithm to do the work of being alive for me. 

I'm going to get back to it. I don't know if I have another blog post about this trip in me. In days gone past, I'd feel a need to document things. But after many years of organization, it's enough to think the thoughts and figure out a way to implement some of the ones I think would be interesting to others. 

It was nice to step outside of the concentrated work for seven days, knowing I was able to pay for it by being a human who relies on building a neural network inside my own mind to know how to do things. I want to do the work. I want others to do the work. That's how we become better humans. 

I am not doing the work of fully explaining this because it is time for me to get back to writing my was up until at least early September. 

Thank you for reading if you did. I don't really write a lot of big personal things like I did the last time, but maybe I will as I begin to think about a future that I didn't realize might actually be able to happen.

 

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...