5/23/2024

New memories where the old ones where laying wait

I'm back in Charlottesville and suddenly I realize the bank that holds my mortgage has several retail establishments back in Illinois. I'd never heard of it when I refinanced. I could have walked into one of those places and been considered a customer. 

I know I'm going back in September in a way that will also be about work. I have not yet written the story I went there to write, but that will happen over this weekend. I am going to devote Saturday to the endeavor, and will take Friday to get another newsletter out and also an audio version for WTJU. 

There are new memories in a place that had so many places that triggered old ones. I feel a little strange being back here in a place where it seems I've already had all of the life I'm going to have. 

Yet, I am still working as the sun sets tonight and will get right back to it because that's what I need to be able to do now. The forthcoming trip will not be one for work, but one for family, so I'll work as much as I can there, though there are a lot of events I need to be present for. That's in the future.

So is the rest of it. It's nice to think about a future again.  

No comments:

Reordering things for better stacking

I changed the style of the blog again to make it easier to read. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but when I'm no longer...