I'm going through emails from the past while watching a Spiderman movie. My main task today is to write up the Week Ahead newsletter. It will be the 374th edition. I'm not terribly interested in the work because I feel like I have all of this other information I need to get to first.
Yet, my first task is to find out whatever loose ends I had in October of 2025. I'm still tied to those moments, still able to feel how nice it was to be close to someone for a bit even if it ended up not being real.
Is any of this real? I won't live in any of the buildings I write about and will likely never visit most of them. I've isolated to do this work and sustain an endless loop of a life.
Spiderman saves the day. Perfect background to distract me from the downsides of that isolation.
"I guess we're moving to Oregon," says the romantic interest for this first film. Our hero tries to do it all and fails.
What is going on with 914 Monticello Road? What's the status? Do I have a system set up to track such things? Can I continue to make a living off of all of this?
This is maybe my favorite of all of the films because of the comic timing. The movies all look fake now because none of it is real. What is real? Is it possible I'll never know?
Motivation for the day. I get to end of the movie and the sense of loss bubbles up through the drains where memories used to be.
| I would like to not be the way I am from now on but there's no way to change any of it so I suppose I have to keep going the way I go |
Comments