King Gizzard In Absolutely No Competition With the Lizard Wizard

To the friends I feel most kinship with: What would Tegan think about King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard? Which Doctor would be most suitable to meet this band from Australia that seems to have hijacked my internal soundtrack?
I'm watching the live set from their festival from Friday night now and the way they move in and out between different song structures reminds me of time travel.
I had a bad day. Everything just felt wrong today. I had to do work I didn't want to do but that's the way it is.
I watched the set from Saturday night throughout the day. The band isn't really touring this year in the United States except three sets at their festival and multiple nights at Forest Hills in New York.
I won't make it to the third set tonight at Field of Vision. They stream all of their shows, and the attention to detail in the filming is amazing. It's best live, but I've not been in the Mountain time zone since sometime in 2000.
Will I remember that today I had a bad day? Or will I remember some of the choices I made in response, acknowledging steps I need to take to make plans for contingencies? I feel generally positive if I can remember that everything seems to be falling apart.
I don't know. It's Open Water performed by one of my favorite bands, 53 and refusing to revel in nostalgia. There's a map of future waiting to be explored, should I choose to enter a TARDIS of my own choosing

Comments