I may have reached a point where I would rather be alone than socialize at random.
For most of my life, I have enjoyed going and sitting at a bar. I've met a lot of people that way and have had a lot of conversations. I worked for many years at Court Square Tavern, but haven't worked in food service for over nine years now.
For most of my life, I have enjoyed going and sitting at a bar. I've met a lot of people that way and have had a lot of conversations. I worked for many years at Court Square Tavern, but haven't worked in food service for over nine years now.
One reason I stopped is that I've become much more introverted and much more cautious of people. I've probably written about that in this blog and don't need to explain further.
These days I'm finding a need to work more hours. I restrict most of my going out now to happy hour because the place I go is very generous with that. The pints are now $8.50 normally, and and I'm feeling so pinched by inflation. I've not been going out as much.
I also no longer feel as welcome at the place where I have been going. Many of the conversations turn negative now, or at least my perception of them is. I'd rather stay home and get more work done.
Perhaps this is a phase, but it feels like a trend. Or, I feel a need to change tactics and do something else. And that doesn't mean finding a new bar.
I went out to another place Tuesday and then again on Wednesday. It was fun to try something new and maybe I will, but perhaps I should only go out when I'm meeting someone to talk to. But, I find most people don't really listen to me so the trend toward solitude it much more likely.
Anyway, perhaps I'll think about it more as I try to maximize the rest of my life.
Comments